Hansford Bell Law – leading local experts in Trusts and Asset protection
- Call us for your
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
- Hansford Bell Law are based in Tavistock, Devon and have a large client base in the South West in addition to clients in the Midlands and London.
Jennifer Slater, TEP Solicitor
Jennifer Slater, TEP Solicitor, Director
Jennifer is our highly qualified, specialist solicitor
Many people are wary of trusts which are seen to be complicated and expensive. However trusts are very useful tools when it comes to protecting family assets and providing for beneficiaries.
Some trusts may be very straightforward for example where assets are simply being held until young children reach adulthood. Others may provide for a vulnerable beneficiary who is unable to manage their own affairs so they may be looked after without the risk of the funds being lost and preserving means-tested benefits. Trusts protect assets for future generations against divorce and bankruptcy and give you control over the future direction of the trust assets.
Trusts are also useful vehicles for tax planning, removing assets from your taxable estate but still enabling you to retain some control and again offer protection should your beneficiaries face financial difficulties.
Whilst a trust is not right for everyone, we can explain when it may be appropriate and how it would work for you and your family.
With our advice and guidance we can help you set up the trust that is most appropriate for you. We will then prepare the bespoke trust document and deal with all the legal steps to create the trust for you.
We will also assist with the management of the trust as follows:
- Advise Trustees about their powers and duties under the Trustees Acts
- Advise on the taxation of trusts
- Liaise with beneficiaries and other advisors to ensure the trust fulfils its purpose
- Complete annual trust accounts
- Prepare all relevant deeds and resolutions so income and capital are managed properly
- Advise about and implement appointments and retirement of trustees
So if you would like more information about trusts and how they work, feel free to get in touch.